Community Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the communities in ISPD Connect. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By signing in and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines.
Administrative requests (e.g. “remove me from the list”) should be sent to ISPD Headquarters, not the community, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Respect yourself and others.
- Focus on the content of posts, not on the people making them.
- Be especially understanding of and helpful to those who are new to the field.
- Keep all content professional and appropriate for colleagues.
- Respect proprietary information, copyright, and intellectual property.
- Use caution when discussing products or services.
- Use the anonymous posting option only when necessary to protect privacy and proprietary information, not to avoid taking responsibility for your post.
Be clear and relevant.
- Keep all content relevant to prenatal diagnosis and/or therapy, and to the particular community.
- Use a concise subject line that is appropriate to the topic of your post and to the community.
- Use “Reply to Sender” for responses that don’t apply to the whole community.
- State how and when community members are allowed to use documents and other shared content.
- If you have a deadline for collecting input or feedback on content, please state the date and/or time.
- Advertisements for products or services are prohibited on ISPD Connect. Posting about available positions/fellowships is permitted, but please remember that jobs may be posted on the main ISPD website. Please see the ISPD Media Kit for details.
National, state and local laws apply.
The prevailing laws in effect at ISPD Headquarters apply to the use of ISPD communities. Laws in effect wherever community members reside may also apply to the use of ISPD communities. Community members are expected to abide by any laws in effect at the time of posting. Failure to do so may result in legal action and/or termination of your participation in ISPD communities. We may be required to disclose personal information to comply with the law, as in the case of a court order or subpoena. (See the section on policies.)
We are not responsible for circumstances beyond our control.
ISPD is not responsible for circumstances beyond its control that may interrupt the normal function of ISPD Connect. These circumstances include but are not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorism, failure of transportation, weather, accidents, fires, electrical failures, internet service interruptions, strikes, labor disputes, postal delays, explosions, and government orders or regulations.
We have the right to end your access if you do something disrespectful or illegal.
All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. ISPD has the right to terminate your community participation if you engage in any of these types of postings or other harmful acts via an ISPD community.